Protecting The Rights Of Employers In Employment Law Disputes
Vogel Law Firm‘s labor and employer defense attorneys provide comprehensive services for employers in this technical area of the law. Our attorneys routinely appear before all federal and state agencies in North Dakota and Minnesota, representing a variety of employers in business sectors and entities including:
- Health care
- Long-term care facilities
- Retail and service establishments
- Food and beverage wholesaling
- Banking and lending
- Hospitality (hotel and motel)
- Municipal and county governments
- School districts
Our mission is to understand our clients’ industries and provide them with practical advice to solve their legal and business needs based on our knowledge and experience in the labor and employer defense field.
Employers’ Cases That We Handle
We routinely provide representation to employers in cases involving:
- Human resources counseling and risk reduction: We advise employers on all aspects of personnel matters, including benefits, hiring, firing, reductions in force, economic layoffs, affirmative action compliance and plans, contract interpretation, FMLA issues, use of independent contractors and leased employees, federal and state discrimination, medical leave, and wage and hour laws.
- Workforce training: Working with the employer, our attorneys provide in-house training for employees and management teams regarding employment issues such as sexual harassment, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and workplace violence. We provide up-to-date training and advice on these and other critical employment law issues that are routinely evolving.
- Discrimination: We counsel our employer clients regarding Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) claims, sexual harassment claims, discrimination claims and disability claims.
- Labor union disputes: We represent employers regarding all aspects of National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) petitions and elections, unfair labor practices claims, arbitrations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Regulatory compliance: We guide our clients through all issues surrounding workers’ compensation claims, unemployment compensation claims and OSHA violation and compliance issues that employers often face.
- Document preparation and drafting: We advise and draft employment manuals, employment policies, employment contracts and collective bargaining agreements.
Talk To Our Employer-Trusted Attorneys Today
For more information on the legal services that we provide to employers throughout Minnesota, North Dakota and the surrounding region, get in touch with our firm today. Call us at 866-771-9930 or contact us online now.
Recent Employer Defense Blogs
As promised, today the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued a proposed rule under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) on the misclassification of employees as independent contractors. The proposed rule would replace the Trump-era rule of 2021, which has made it...
On April 29, 2022, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz signed into law the Minnesota Frontline Workers Payments Act (“The Act”) to serve as a thank you by providing bonus pay for COVID-19 frontline workers. Those who were employed for at least 120 hours in Minnesota in one or...
To our dedicated followers, if you are keeping score, we last reported that the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily blocked the Emergency Temporary Standard dictating larger employers implement a vaccine or testing mandate in its decision on January 13, 2022. (Supreme...